650px Hello and welcome to the Universal Map Game. In this world, technology is light years ahead of ours in the year of 1973. A Cold War is occuring solar system-wide between the United States of America under President Hubert Humphrey and the Russian Empire under Tsar Nicholas IV and Chancellor Ivan Silayev. They are all effective rulers, but Hubert Humphrey has become President in a moment of national emergency following the assassination of President Robert F. Kennedy, and meanwhile, Chancellor Silayev is arguing with the state Duma over the future of an economic bill.
"Exactly how large are these nations?" you might be wondering? The answer is that a vast majority of the Solar System is under the reign of these two nations.
Behold! Now you have the chance to play as nations in this universe and to compete in the race for land--land that can be found all around the Sun.
And please, please obey the rules!
- 1 Rules
- 2 Nations
- 2.1 Earth
- 2.1.1 North America
- 2.1.2 Europe
- 2.1.3 Asia
- 2.1.4 Indian Subcontinent
- 2.1.5 Oceania
- 2.1.6 The Middle East
- 2.1.7 Northeast Africa
- 2.1.8 Northwest Africa
- 2.1.9 Southern Africa and Madagascar
- 2.1.10 Horn of Africa and Mideastern Africa
- 2.1.11 Midwestern Africa
- 2.1.12 Central Africa
- 2.1.13 South America
- 2.1.14 Central America
- 2.1.15 Caribbean
- 2.1 Earth
- 3 Mods, Mathematicians, and Mapmakers
- 4 Announcements
- 5 Map
- 6 Game
Rules[edit | edit source]
- Be plausible, of course! We don't want America taking half the Russian Space Empire in two months!
- Players can have only one main nation--however, they can play independently as Dominions, Commonwealths, Vassals, Colonies, Outposts, and Territories. (IE: The British player also has to post for Canada.)
- There are some nations: America, Russia, Britain, France, Iberia, Germany, China, Japan, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman Empire. To be these nations, you have to have an approval of a majority of the active mods at that time.
- Everytime you expand, you have to say in which direction(s) and by how much.
- To become a mod, you need an approval of the majority of the existing active mods.
- Algorithms will be done by the League of Mathematicians. If you need an algorithm done, make a request here.
- The word of the mods is law, unless you can prove them conclusively wrong.
- Anyone who completes x number of offense will be banned for x^2 - x turns. This rule only applies after two offenses. (IE: 3 offenses=9 - 3 ban, 6 turn ban) After a person has commited 10 offenses, they receive a monthlong ban. More than fifteen bans will results in eternal banning, unless the said offensor is trialed here. 3/4 of the mods/jury members must agree to find the offender guilty or innocent.
- Player can control one nation only unless they are playing for one of the nations in Rule #3, in which case they can have two nations.
- Turns are in quarter years.
- The game shall start in 1973, as said above. The game will end when we reach the present day, and shall have a timeline based on it after that. Say we end on October 6, 2012. On January 1, 2014, we shall play the year 2013 and every year we will be doing the same thing.
- There will be an algorithm for pc vs. pc wars.
- One turn per day. This can be updated to two if the game progresses fast enough.
- With regards to implausibility, use your head. Mods have the right to cross out implausible moves. Mods must state their reason as to why they strike something out, even if it is painfully obvious. When a mod states their reason, that is the end of the story unless the player(s) in question can prove the mod wrong.
- Most nations will have a hard time setting up new bases and colonies on other planets/moons/asteroids, because almost every acre of land in the whole Solar System is claimed.
- I am the only mapmaker because often issues arise over "Oh, this mapmaker only fixes his country and never fixes Country X because they are at war." Another problem is that no one knows the exact stats and everything of the nations. If I find someone I trust, I will let them be mapmaker.
- Game will be archived every 20 turns.
- To establish a new colony, you must first build a base.
- Players cannot edit their turns once they post it, unless directed by a mod.
- African nations cannot ally with certain other nations.
- Random Number Generation must be done by one of the Mathematicians.
- Mod Events must be done by mods and be proposed on the talk page. Justification for the event is required.
- Propose new rules on the talk page.
Nations[edit | edit source]
PLEASE SEE THE TERRITORY PAGE: Territory (Universal Map Game)
Earth[edit | edit source]
North America[edit | edit source]
- USA: 25px30px Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 03:44, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Mexico (American Satellite): Enclavehunter 05:05, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- British Canada (To be played by the British player): Kdavis005 20:40, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- French Arctica (To be played by the French player): TacoCopper
Europe[edit | edit source]
- Great Britain: Kdavis005 20:40, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- France: TacoCopper
- Germany: (What territory does Germany have? If you are not sure, can I make suggestions?) Monster Pumpkin 03:49, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Check out the territory page.
- Iberia: GRSGov 05:14, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Russia: CrimsonAssassin 20:50, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Nordic Union (Russian satellite state):Triskaideka98 07:19, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Bulgaria (Ottoman satellite):
- Greece: Lynxes21
- Albania (Greek puppet, to be played by the Greek player): Lynxes21
- Macedonia (Greek puppet, to be played by the Greek player): Lynxes21
- Bosnia (Ottoman puppet, to be played by the Ottoman player):
- Romania (Russian satellite):
- Swiss Confederation (French satellite): Willster22 02:33, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Austria - Hungary: 25px CourageousLife 18:21, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
Asia[edit | edit source]
- China: Ianian58 14:10, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Indochina (Chinese puppet, to be played by Chinese player): Ianian58 14:10, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Japan: 77topaz 05:04, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
Indian Subcontinent[edit | edit source]
- India: Bobalugee1940
- Siam-Burma (Indian vassal):
- Nepal (Indian enemy, under invasion by India and China):
Oceania[edit | edit source]
- East Australia (French colony):TacoCopper
- North Australia (To be played by the British player): Kdavis005 20:40, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- South Australia (Russian vassal): CrimsonAssassin 20:50, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- West Australia (American vassal):
- Guinea (German colony): Monster Pumpkin 03:49, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Borneo (Chinese satellite):
- Micronesia (Japanese puppet, to be played by the Japanese player): 77topaz 05:04, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Batavia (Nordic colony):
- Oceania (Indian protectorate) (This nation is OTL Indonesia without the Island of Borneo):
- Zealandia (American satellite):
The Middle East[edit | edit source]
- The Ottoman Empire:Whosonefirst? 00:34, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
Northeast Africa[edit | edit source]
- Egypt, Libya, Tunisia (part of the Ottoman Empire, to be played by Ottoman player):Whosonefirst? 00:34, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
Northwest Africa[edit | edit source]
- Federation of Algeria (Ottoman/French protectorate):
- Sultanate of Morroco (Ottoman vassal):Whosonefirst? 00:34, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Western Sahara (Iberia, to be played by the Iberian player): GRSGov 05:14, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
Southern Africa and Madagascar[edit | edit source]
- Federal Union of South African States: Deansims
Horn of Africa and Mideastern Africa[edit | edit source]
- Ethiopian Empire (Ottoman ally):
- Sudan (part of the Ottoman Empire, to be played by Ottoman player):Whosonefirst? 00:34, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
Midwestern Africa[edit | edit source]
- Confederacy of African States (American ally):
- Liberian Republic:
Central Africa[edit | edit source]
- German Kameroon: Monster Pumpkin 03:49, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
South America[edit | edit source]
- Gran Colombia:
- Brazil: sasafred12 12:02, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Iberian Guyana (to be played by Iberian player): GRSGov 05:14, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- French Guyana: TacoCopper
Central America[edit | edit source]
- Union of Central America:
- Panama: Bfoxius 23:47, June 3, 2012 (UTC)Bfoxius
- Panama Canal Zone (America): 25px30px Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 03:44, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
Caribbean[edit | edit source]
- Republic of the Antilles (American satellite):
Mods, Mathematicians, and Mapmakers[edit | edit source]
Apply for the job at the Mod Page. You must select a job suitable for you. When someone is denied, they will be struck out on that page. Accepted nominees will be removed from the page and moved here.
Mods[edit | edit source]
- High Supreme Almighty of the Universal 25px30px Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum.
- High Overlord of the Universal Monster Pumpkin
- Grand Duke of the Universal Crimson Assassin: CrimsonAssassin
- Viceroy of the Universal Kdavis005 (sign with three tildes)
- Archduke of the Universal (to be elected later)
- Marquis of the Universal (to be elected later)
- Count of the Universal (to be elected later)
- Earl of the Universal (to be elected later)
- Viscount of the Universal (to be elected later)
- Baron of the Universal (to be elected later)
League of Mathematicians[edit | edit source]
- 25px30px Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum.
- DeanSims 16:55, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Whosonefirst? 00:34, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
Mapmakers[edit | edit source]
- For now only me, because, as the founder, I am the only one who knows what's where and what country owns what, etc, etc. 25px30px Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 03:57, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
Announcements[edit | edit source]
Map[edit | edit source]
The World as of January - March 1973. This map will be updated at the end of the turn unless a new player joins the game before that.
Complaints and Issues[edit | edit source]
Where are my colonies in Africa and Guyana; Iberia GRSGov 21:07, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry, was thinking the Iberian peninsula was the Balkans for some reason. GRSGov 21:25, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
can you please add me on the map Brazil sasafred12 14:17 (UTC) May 28, 2012
Just as soon as some more nations join. I don't want to make so many maps. If two more nations join, I'll fix the map. 25px30px Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 21:31, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
Ok new map is done. Thanks for joining all! All I need is a player for the Nordic Union and we shall begin! 25px30px Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 23:58, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
Can you add India and her colonies/vassals/protectorates/etc.?Bobalugee1940 13:43, May 31, 2012 (UTC
Requests[edit | edit source]
Maybe you could border some color (red, black, etc,) with nations that are hostile? It would help to some players. All I know is, Russia looks at China warily and China looks at Russia warily. Ianian58 01:03, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
Black maybe. Also, if you look closely, puppets have a tan border and vassals have a yellow border. Or the other way around. I forget. 25px30px Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 21:05, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
Game[edit | edit source]
1973.00[edit | edit source]
- The United States expands the Europan colony. The NASA group develops a new type of advanced oxygen for space colonies and offers it to allies. The USA begins Project Atlantis, a plan to make a floating armed city in the Atlantic. A sister project, Project Hydros is created by the NAAHT. (National Agency for the Advancement of Hydrological Technology) (This will be continued later.)
- Mexico: Mexico begins to improve the infastructure of Mexico City. Mexico begins to expand its army to help combat threats down southward, but many say its an waste of time, since the US has their backs. (TO BE CONTINUED)
- China: Monarchists win elections with a 96 percent, puttiing liberal and conservative parties at a lower control in the government. The Quing Dynasty offers a new project for the decade, which would be super modernizatinon to catch up to Russia, the U.S and the rest of the world. The military budget is noticably risen, especially around the Airforce and Armored Vehicles. Ideas begin of making a "super" Great Wall of China, which would be based off the French Maginot Line, and would be put around the north, but this idea is put at a halt as China continues its invasion of Nepal. (It was mentioned in the nations page.) It asks their ally India, to take the more easier-to-reach southern half of Nepal. The Navy undergoes a-once-a-decade-revision.
- Indian Diplomacy (mod controlled): India agrees. When the war is over, let's split it along the Himalayas.
- Germany: Germany sends more settlers to claimed worlds, and part of Antarctica is claimed.
- You have given me an idea! Attention players! America, Russia, Germany, France, and China have Antarctic divided amongst themselves! Also, Antarctica is warmer, so people can live there year long.
- Can I get some too? (Ottoman Empire)
- Ottoman Empire: Starts to work on deep space program(Im assuming I already been to space???). The infanstructure in improved. Alliances are offered to China, India, and USA. It ask to buy part of the moon from America.
- China: No.
Sudan: Expands millitary and improves infanstructure. Trade increases with the main Ottoman Empire. Egypt, Tunisia, Libya: It renames it self the Ottoman Republic of Egypt(ORG). Military and infastructure improves and a space program is started.
- What I meant was that they're all part of the Empire, not seperate nations. More like Alaska and America. Seperated but one.
- Also, practically everyone has been to space.
- American Diplomacy: America cannot give up any part of the moon, as it is a vital area. However, you can have full access to the American side.
- Morroco: Works on infanstructure and military. (Why do I have so many areas to post for!)
- Brazil: Brazil starts improving their ports for more trade and also asks for an alliance with the U.S.A
- Russia: A top-secret plan to create an underwater city is drafted this year. The city will be created using technology made to create bases on the moon. Meanwhile, the Pyotr Project is established. The Pyotr project will be a project in which exo-solar space is explored in depth. On Mars and the Moon, several military units are created. Finally, a non-aggression pact is offered to Germany.
- Japan: Japan improves its space force. Funds are sent to Micronesia to improve infrastructure there.
It offers Russia and China alliances. France: After seeing a large interest in Antartica, the French Government sends a team to go there and claim some land for France!. Meanwhile, France begins to send colonists to Australia to help soldify our position there, and because we see a good potential in it.
- Please read what's already written, and post again.
- Hate to say this, but I can't see what I did wrong.
- Antarctica is already claimed by many nations, France included. Also, Fraace had Australia about 150 years?
1973.25[edit | edit source]
- I would like to say thanks to everyone for joining the game!
- World Event: April 3: Shah Mohammed V of India celebrates the 85th anniversary of the start of his reign. The Shah now ages 100, having taken the throne at age fifteen!
- World Event: India and China defeat Nepal.
- The United States sends diplomats to India and congratulates the Shah on his landmark. Work on Hydros continues and agents of the NAAHT give President Humphrey a tour of the first prototype miniature of the base. Final schematics are finished and work starts, expected to be completed by 1974. US asks India and China to the Himalayas a neutral zone.
- Brazil: Brazil starts a project on a new Shuttle that has been unnamed and asks the UK for an alliance
- China: The Dynasty annexes northern Nepal, declining US request. An ambitious proogram is started by a young man to make an orbital space platform with the capacity to destroy any other kind of ship in space by the use of more directed and smaller kinds of nuclear weaponry, other programs begin making land on-ground platforms with the capacity of destroying any major ship in space with similair projectile the Orbital Platform (or New Luoyang) or destroy their own Orbital Platform, practically, anything in Chinese Airspace, Naval Inspections pass ith C+, lower than last decade, army overall inspection begins. China congragoulates Indian Shah Mohammad V for his brilliance 85 years of leadership.
- Swiss Confederation: They start making a Swiss language which is a combination of German, French, and Italian. They also send an alliance to France.
- Switzerland has a language, Swiss. Also, you're independent already.
- Swiss is not a language, Scraw. I don't know what you are talking about.
- Oh dang, this is what happens when you have seventeen windows open at once. Sorry! (For the record, I play a game on a site where you create a nation, with everything. Over there Switerland is a massive empire.)
- Now, What game is that?
- Germany: Germany starts to construct a space station in Earth orbit that will travel and claim an undisclosed location. Work on secret projects in the military begins, most of them involving fusion power. The military is built up.
- Japan: Construction begins of a Japanese orbital base. The entire Japanese space force is improved, as well as the education system in Japan. The Japanese government offers to incorporate Palau and the Marshall Islands into the Japanese Commonwealth (like Micronesia), which would leave both countries with greater infrastructure and wealth.
- Panama: Panama asks the USA for return of the Canal Zone, and asks Brazil for an alliance and one spot on their shuttle, to represent unity. Ports are improved.
- Greece: Greece improves their military, economy and infrastructure.
- India: Shah Mohammed V begins the celebration of his 100th birthday with one of the largest military parades in the history of India, over 3,000 troops march down the streets of Delhi in the parade. The Indian Army in Nepal celebrates its victory over the Nepalese. Many Nepalese POW's are sent to work as slave labour in India in mining facilities. The Indian Space Research Organization is tasked with creating a space elevator to cut down the cost of space exploration. Mohammed Saeed ibn Mohammed al-Indi, Mohammed V's grandson converts to Christianity in secret.